News and Announcements
Join us for a Spartan Crew Dining-Out Fundraiser on Tuesday, Dec 10 from 5-8 pm at Mezeh Mediterranean Grill on Old Keene Mill. No need to show a flyer – just mention Spartan Crew when paying! Thanks for your support!
Registration for the 2019-2020 season is now open!
Winter workouts start Thursday, November 21. To participate, please complete the following tasks: (Fall rowers have already completed several of these tasks.)
- Register and pay the $150 registration fee. Register here
- Submit a completed and signed VHSL Athletic Physical Form to the school Activities Office. *Only if not completed for fall rowing or another WSHS sport.
- Complete the online concussion training, print page 48, signed by both the rower and a parent, and submit to the school Activities Office. *Only if not completed for fall rowing or another WSHS sport.
- Complete, scan, and email a signed FCPS Emergency Care Form to email@example.com. *Only if not completed for fall rowing.
- Complete, scan and email a signed WSCBC Rower and Parent/Guardian Responsibilities form and a WSHS Eligibility Checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Fall everyone!
Leaf raking jobs are available. This is a great opportunity for rowers to earn money towards their dues. Please read all of the instructions below before signing up. Have questions? Contact Deb Perrella at email@example.com for help!
Leaf Raking Instructions
Please remember to provide the best service possible. We want this to be a beneficial experience for all.
The first people to sign up for each job listed MUST be a parent/child team.
· Once a PARENT has signed up for a job, the other spots will be open for students to sign up.
· Check back frequently as jobs are opened OR more jobs are added.
· There may be more than one job per day, scroll down sign-up sheet to see all jobs.
· Job start times: AM at 8:00 and PM at 1:00
Day of Job:
· Meet in front of WSHS main entrance 15 min prior to start time to ride to the job unless otherwise coordinated with parent raker.
· Rakers will provide rakes and a positive GET ’ER DONE attitude. Homeowners will provide the bags.
· All rakers (including parent- if they rake) will receive $10/hr. Jobs last 3-4 hours, or until the job is complete.
· Homeowners and the parent will agree on the number of hours needed to complete the job. Payment will be collected (check or cash) before departing the jobsite. Any tips received will be divided between the rakers.
· Checks should be made out to WSCBC and dropped off soon after job completion with:
8495 Middle Run Dr, Springfield
· Each rower’s account will be credited funds earned for upcoming dues payments.
· In the case of rain or inclement weather, the parent raker will contact the homeowner and determine if they still want the leaves raked or to reschedule for the following weekend.
Then will notify rakers of plans.
· If you must cancel, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find a substitute parent/raker.
Do you have questions about crew or the upcoming season? Chances are the handbook has the answer to your question. It’s a helpful guide to the WSHS crew program!
It may also be found on our website under Info>Documents.
Have you joined the WSHS Crew Parents Facebook page?
Once on Facebook, search for WSHS Crew Parents or use this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/184584478392354/
It is a closed group, so you may need to click +Join Group below the cover photo in order to join.