News and Announcements
As communicated by FCPS on October 10, students participating in one or more extracurricular school activities for the 2017-18 school year are required to pay a one-time nonrefundable $50 extracurricular activity fee per year. The $50 fee is the same no matter how many extracurricular activities your student participates in during the school year. This fee does not apply to required activities that are assigned as part of a class for academic credit or grade, such as marching band.
This is a reminder for students that have participated or are currently participating in extracurricular activities for the 2017-18 school year that payment is now due. If you have paid this one-time extracurricular activity fee, please disregard this reminder.
The payment of student fees is the responsibility of parents and guardians. Parents and guardians can pay for fees online using a debit or credit card or electronic check through MySchoolBucks (the same vendor many parents currently use to pay for school lunches).
Cash or money order will be accepted onsite at schools.
Students who qualify for the free and reduced-price meals program and have submitted the consent to share their free and reduced-price status will not be charged for these fees in accordance with their waiver selections on the fee consent form.
Assistance is available to students and families who are undergoing economic hardships and are financially unable to pay the fees.
Fees are not retroactive to previous school years.
For more information, go to http://www.fcps.edu/activityandtestfees.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2017/2018 SEASON *******
Please register online through Ronin Racing using the link below. We construct and maintain our roster and email lists with this online registration system. The registration link on Ronin includes information on dues and fee information. Refund information is included in the Team Handbook at www.spartancrew.org under the Info tab.
Link to Ronin Registration: Ronin
If you run into problems with the online registration process, email the Support Desk at Ronin Racing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your phone number in the email requesting assistance.
The pre-requisites to be eligible to row for WSHS are as follows:
Winter Workouts begin Thursday, November 16, 2017. To participate in Winter Workouts you must have:
1. Completed online Registration Ronin Registration
2. Paid the Registration Fee ($150).
3. Submitted a completed FCPS Emergency Care Form to the VP for Admin at email@example.com. This form is attached here, found through a student’s FCPS Blackboard account or at: Spartan Sports EC Form
4. Submitted a completed “WSCBC Rower and Parent/Guardian Responsibilities Form for 2017/2018" to the VP for Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org. here
5. Submitted and have cleared a completed current VHSL Athletic Physical (completed after 5/1/2017) to the WSHS Student Activities office in Sparta Trailer 103. This requires a student physical. A portion of the form is completed and signed by a physician. Current form may be located at: Athletic Physical Form
6. Completed on-line concussion training for student and one parent/guardian. The team receives a weekly update on concussion training, so we recommend you plan accordingly. The link can be found at: Concussion Training
Spring Rowing Season Begins in late February 2018. To Participate in Spring Rowing You Must Have:
1. Completed online Registration (to include payment of $150 registration fee), submitted a VHSL athletic physical, submitted a completed FCPS Emergency Care Form and WSCBC Rower and Parent/Guardian Responsibilities Form, and completed online concussion training for rower and one parent/guardian.
2. Novice rowers must have completed a swim test at South Run Recreation Center (if not taken prior to Fall Rowing). Swim Tests will be scheduled in January.
3. Paid all dues required through Feb. 15th
4. Completed a US Rowing Waiver (information on this requirement will be sent out in January).
5. Had a family member (adult) volunteer for a Regatta position (required in order to participate in Regattas). Signups will come out in January.
IMPORTANT: Coaches will have a listing of cleared rowers. A rower will have to be turned away from these activities if he/she is not on record, with the VP for Administration, as completing the requirements for participation listed above.
Required forms are attached here. Completed Emergency Care Forms and WSCBC Rower and Parent/Guardian Responsibilities Forms can be scanned and emailed to the VP for Administration (email@example.com). Please do not turn these forms in to the High School. They will not deliver them to us.
VHSL physicals can ONLY be turned in to the Activities Office (Sparta Trailer 103); the team receives weekly updates, and there is typically a week required to process the physical (plan accordingly).
Do not give any forms to the coaches or other rowers; handling forms is not their responsibility and results in lost/missing documents. Please also make a copy of any physicals turned in to the Activities Office of the high school in case yours is lost.
For additional information regarding registration, please contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to the updated crew handbook is here.
The document WSCBC_HANDBOOK_2017_2018.pdf was attached to this post.
7:45PM WSHS Cafeteria
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
The document October_General_Membership_2017.pdf was attached to this post.
16 Nov – Winter Workouts begin
• Ladies 4:30 – 6:30 Monday – Friday
• Men 5:00 – 7:00 Monday – Friday
TBD Jan – Swim Test
7 Feb – General Membership Meeting
10 Feb – Ergathon at TBD
20 Feb – First day on water
24 Mar – First race – Polar Bear Regatta (upper boats only)
25 Apr – General Membership Meeting
17-19 May – Stotesbury Cup Regatta (Philadelphia, PA)
24-26 May – SRAA Nationals (Cooper River, NJ)
1 June – Awards Ceremony (WSHS Cafeteria)